Thursday, January 2, 2014

God Has All the Answers...And I Want Them!

"It is not for you to know the times or dates the Father has set by his own authority. But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you..."
                                        (Acts 1:7-8)

Do you wish you could have a peek into God's plan for your life?

I know I sure do.

I'm a list maker. A task planner. A worrier. A nail biter. A brow furrower.

I go so far as to break my grocery list into aisles and sections because with four kids in tow, I hate nothing more than having to double back when I realize I passed over the paper towels my husband had scribbled onto the list at the last minute.

I dislike surprises. Especially life surprises.

Money surprises. Job surprises. Broken water pump surprises. Raging fever overnight surprises. Dead car battery surprises.

I've spent more time praying for glimpses into how I'll get from one point of a problem to another without really praying for the solution. I want to know the when, why, how, and who of God's plan and the bottom line is that's usually not information I'm privy to. None of us are.

You know what I've learned (slowly and painfully sometimes!) from all that time spent asking for answers that don't belong to me?

The answers don't belong to me, the blessings do.

My job on Earth is not to stand with the answer key and make myself feel better about all those anxious days ahead. We endure challenges every single day, and to date, God hasn't let me land flat on my back yet...no matter how much I might deserve it.

My job is to obey Christ. And to trust that the one who died to set me free isn't letting me flounder, suffer, or waste away.

He's opening doors and tempering my spirit in preparing for something bigger, better, and already on it's way.

Have you prayed today for answers? Maybe take a minute and say thanks for the ride so far and to ask for a little more trust in your days. God's got your back...you can depend on it.

...happy, happy...

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment